Monday, July 14, 2008

My favorite "City of Dunwoody" news clip - the 4th of July Parade, with Dunwoody Yes.


With 30,000 spectators lining the roads of Dunwoody for the 4th of July parade, my family & I actively participated by passing out Dunwoody Yes stickers.

What a ball we had! My son Riley was on a scooter for the entire 2 mile route high fiveing his friends and other kids as he rode by, my 6 year old Gavin pulled into the parade at the halfway mark in a childrens' electric Ford Mustang convertible and rode my 2 year old. My wife joined in at the same time as the younger boys and had the task of throwing candy to the crowds and ensuring my 6 year old kept the vehicle on the road.

I was in charge of passing out stickers, which was a lot fun but also a lot of work. I would run up to a little boy or girl on the sidelines and then offer them a sticker and then 15 brothers & sisters would jump out from behind a bush and I would then sticker each and every one of them. Once that stickering task was completed I would run to catch up to the Dunwoody Yes group and do it all over again. I can't tell you how many times I was almost run over by Stan Watson's Hummer since the candidate for CEO immediately followed Dunwoody Yes.

If you look close at the video you can see me smiling behind the Dunwoody Yes banner and my son Riley also rolls by on the scooter as we were marching. With everything that has happened in the last few years regarding the City of Dunwoody, this video is by far my favorite.

Tomorrow is election day, please vote.

http://www.youtube.com/v/U4bqizNV03o

No comments: