Saturday, July 12, 2008

My third favorite "City of Dunwoody" news clip - the day the city died in committee.


Tuesday is Election Day for Dunwoody and the saga of cityhood will either be completely over or just starting a new chapter on that day. It has been a long few years for me personally and there are some very memorable days in the political struggle which got us to the big vote on Tuesday.

January 31, 2008 was a big day as I attended the House Government Affairs Committee meeting and watched the vote for cityhood go against us. I was shocked and saddened at the decision of Ms. Chambers to change her vote to kill the measure.

This news video explaining the vote against the city is one of my favorites. First and foremost it features my bride, it allowed Representative Chambers to explain why she voted against the bill and finally it shows Ms. Chambers forecasting the bogus lawsuits that would be contemplated against the city.

As I reflect back on the trials and tribulations that it took to get to this point; I couldn’t be happier at the opportunity that we have before us on Tuesday whereby the citizens of Dunwoody will be able to cast their vote to decide for themselves if the City of Dunwoody saga continues.

Please do your share at making the city a reality; please go to the polls on Tuesday.

No comments: