Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Larry Pankey Announces Dunwoody City Council Campaign, District 2 Local Representative

Larry Pankey

Dear Friends and Dunwoody Citizens:

I am announcing my candidacy for the Dunwoody City Council, Central District, Post 2. This is a historic time for our new city, and I am asking you for the privilege to serve on our first-ever council. Dunwoody must have a council fully dedicated to enriching families, preventing tax increases, controlling apartment development, and increasing our public safety capabilities. I will bring to the City Council my leadership abilities, strong work ethic, optimism, and proven negotiating skills.

Along with my wife, Laura Horlock, and our four children Zachary, Luke, Madison, and Jack, I have lived and worked in Dunwoody since 2002. My law firm, Pankey & Horlock, is also headquartered on Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, just inside of I-285.

Raised on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in Mandaree, North Dakota, I am a Native American and member of the Three Affiliated Tribes. I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Georgia in 1989 and a law degree from Boston University School of Law in 1992.

I have practiced civil litigation in Atlanta since 1992, focusing on employment, general business and real estate law. I have extensive experience in federal and state courts, and have been an Adjunct Professor of Law at John Marshall Law School in Atlanta. I have also served as secretary of the DeKalb County Bar Association.

My wife and I are active in Dunwoody civic circles. I currently coach football and baseball at Murphy-Candler, and previously coached soccer, basketball and t-ball at Dunwoody Baptist Church. I help coach the chess club at Vanderlyn Elementary and have served for several years on the Community Advisory Board for the DeKalb Junior League. My wife, Laura, served on the court’s task force for Citizens for Dunwoody, which created a proposed organizational plan for the Dunwoody municipal court. Laura teaches Sunday School at Dunwoody United Methodist Church, is a former officer of the DeKalb Junior League, and a former board member of the International Women’s House, a shelter for battered women. My wife grew up in DeKalb County and I have lived in DeKalb County for the last 16 years.

I love this community, and my wife and I are raising our family as well as growing our business here. I look forward to helping the City of Dunwoody reach its full potential. I ask for your vote on September 16.

Best regards,

Larry Pankey
(770) 670-6250

No comments: