Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Official - I took the oath of office and I affirm that I am not a Communist.


This evening Mayor Ken Wright and City Council Members, Denny Shortal, Robert Wittenstein, Tom Taylor, & myself (John Heneghan) were sworn in to our respective posts. City Council member elect Danny Ross was out of town and will be sworn in tomorrow and then there is still the October 14th run off between District 2 local candidates Adrian Bonser & Larry Pankey.

With what must be a quirk of Georgia law, the oath of office taken by each elected official included an affirmation that you are not a member of the Communist Party.

Duh, of course I am not a member of the Communist Party; everyone knows that I need to stay completely Non-Partisan.

1 comment:

bdodds said...

Dear John,

Congratulations to our official mayor and city council members.

It's been an interesting journey. Now is the time to insure Dunwoody continues to be the best city to raise a family.

boddds