Saturday, October 11, 2008

Block Parties & Scandinavia here I come with little ones in tow.


Atlanta Parent Family Block Party Video

Saturday mornings my wife does her weekly magic act where she gets up early and disappears until about Noon or 1 o'clock. She usually works out, hits garage sales, leisurely drinks coffee, maybe does a little shopping for herself, but the real goal of her Saturday morning is to not be the Mother of three (four if you count me) little boys who constantly suck the energy out of her the other six days of the week. In other words, it my turn to parent and spend some quality time with the boys doing "manly" things.

Tomorrow there are two community block parties being held in the area that are aimed at kids and I showed my six year old the two posters in order to let him pick where we should go. He looked at the Atlanta Parent Family Block Party poster and thought it looked like fun and he then carefully reviewed the DeKalb County ICP Police Block Party poster and a big smile came across his face when he saw the flying helicopter. "Dad, I want to ride in the police helicopter and be just like Mader in the movie Cars. Can we, huh, can we?" When I explained to him that is was more of a show & tell than an adventure ride; he immediately said that he would rather go to the Atlanta Parent Block Party. We've been there before and I know for a fact that both my older boys, as well as my almost 3 year old will have a good time. It is an all ages event being held at Mercer University and the video above highlights what to expect and the price is very reasonable as well.

Another event which might also be worth a stop is the Atlanta Scandinavian Festival located at Oglethorpe University which appears to have a number of kid (and Dad) friendly activities.


No comments: