Monday, July 26, 2010

A vacation from the computer - almost a success.


This afternoon I returned from a vacation that was spent seeing family in Illinois and while I was away I actively attempted to also stay off the computer.  If you know me, you can imagine how hard that is.  I limited work e-mails on the Blackberry, stayed off the internet almost completely except for some Dunwoody meeting preparation and only blogged twice (missing girl who is now home safe and today's meeting announcement) therefore I consider it a successful endeavor.

Before my vacation I read this article and thought that my Wife, our marriage and our children's vacation memories were all worth me stepping away from the distractions and dedicating myself to them.

I'm glad I did it but the next time I step away from the computer it will not be immediately before a City Council meeting as I want to assure myself that I am properly prepared to speak on the items at hand.  That being said, I have a number of e-mails to return so if you sent me a message in the last week please be patient.  Thanks.

No comments: