Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Dunwoody Police Officer position available.
Begin Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010
End Date: Friday, October 15, 2010
The City of Dunwoody Police Department is currently accepting applications for two (2) open Police Officer positions.
This is the first rank of the Dunwoody Police force that includes certified officers. Certified officers are expected to demonstrate competency in law enforcement procedures. Police Officers work under the general supervision of an assigned Sergeant. They perform a wide range of law enforcement functions including making arrests, issuing traffic tickets, crowd control and investigative work to promote public safety and security, crime prevention and general enforcement of the law.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be a current Georgia certified police officer through P.O.S.T.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must possess a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license
• Must be 21 years of age
• No felony convictions during your lifetime
• No discharge from any military organization less than an honorable discharge
• No termination for cause from a local, state or federal civil service or merit system job
The above requirements are not all-inclusive.
$38,500 - $46,000
• Vacation Leave
• Sick Leave
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Education Assistance
• Housing Reimbursement
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Take Home Car Program
For consideration, please send your completed application and consent form to email@example.com or mail them to:
Dunwoody Police Department
41 Perimeter Center East, Suite 100
Dunwoody, GA 30346
The application and consent form can be found within the job posting on the Careers page of the City of Dunwoody website (www.dunwoodyga.gov).
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered.