Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dunwoody Honors Military in Veterans Day Ceremony at Brook Run Park


Today, 3 pm at Brook Run

The City of Dunwoody will honor local military men and women in a Veteran’s Day ceremony held at Brook Run Park on November 11 at 3:00 p.m. The pays homage to all those who have served or are currently serving in all branches of the United States Military.  
 

WHAT:           The event will be hosted by the City of Dunwoody. Several speakers have been invited to participate including City Councilman and retired Marine, Gen. Denis Shortal; retired Army Sgt. Maj. Ray Jones; and veteran Army 1st Lt. Robert Hopkins. Special musical performances will be provided by Greg McLean, Associate Professor of Music and Michael McClary, Assistant Professor of Music from Georgia Perimeter College.
               
WHO:             The event is open to the public.

WHEN &       Thursday, November 11, 2010
WHERE:         Begins at 3:00 p.m.
                           
                       Brook Run Park
                       Veterans Memorial
                       4770 North Peachtree Road
                       Dunwoody, GA      

1 comment:

Jack said...

Hi,

Along this train of thought, I walk my dog through the nature center and through the baseball parking lot, and I'm very grateful for such nice areas.

Something has been bothering me, however. The baseball park is flying a very worn and faded American Flag. I thought of replacing it, myself (We have flown the Flag every day, without fail, since 911), and I believe in flying it properly.

I don't know who to approach about this as I think it's an oversight and doesn't belong in the Dunwoody Crier, and my comments are not meant to disparage anyone.

Perhaps you know of someone who I can contact. I'll be more than happy to purchase the first flag if the baseball organization will agree to fly it properly with lighting, etc., and to put timely replacement costs in their budget for the future.

The intention is good, but if the Flag is not flown properly, it should not be flown at all. Hope you can help me.

I'll look for a response on your blog, and will contact whomever can help.

Thank you for your blog. I was sorry to hear that you won't be continuing on a regular basis-I just found you!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.