The first Wednesday of every month will be a walk to school day for Austin Elementary. Join in with your friends and neighbors in getting out of cars and walking to school. Do you live too far to walk the whole way? Drive to Mellow Mushroom and park and walk the rest of the way to Austin. The "walking bus" will leave from Mellow Mushroom at 7:30am sharp.
1. Meeting point is N. Peachtree Road parking lot of Kingswood United Methodist Church.
2. Depart at 7:05 a.m. Cross N. Peachtree Road and proceed south.
3. Cross Tilly Mill Road (there should be a Dunwoody Police officer at this crossing) and proceed south.
4. Cross N. Peachtree Road at Chesnut crossing guard.
**Jan Jones will be the walk leader from this location, but we are looking for volunteers to be a walk leader-- ideally we need two leaders, one for the front and one for the back of the line.
1. Meeting point is Dunover Circle at Sharon valley where there is limited parking. Please carpool, walk to the meeting point or join the route along the way. (Alternatively, there is ample parking at Dunwoody North Driving Club. The entrance to the club is on Kingsgate Drive. If you park there, exit the parking lot onto Kingsgate Drive and proceed south to meet the other walkers at the corner of Kingsgate and Brookhurst Drive.)
2. Depart at 7:05 a.m. Proceed along Dunover Circle towards Sharon Valley Court.
3. Right onto Sharon Valley Court
4. Right onto Flintshire Court
5. Left onto Kings Point Circle
6. Right onto Brookhurst Drive
7. Right onto N. Peachtree Road
8. Cross N. Peachtree Road at Chesnut crossing guard.
** Looking for parent volunteers to lead this route.
Also, we are looking for parent volunteers to lead a Walking School Bus from the Chateau or Georgetown areas! If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an email at email@example.com
Help Your Class Win The "Golden Shoe." This award is given to the class with the highest participation. Four Starting Points or Join Us Along The Way:
St. Luke's Church
Meet at the Starting Points at 7:00am. Walking begins at 7:05. Come Out and Join Us - Rain or Shine. This is not a drop off event - a parent must accompany a child the entire walk.
Kingsley Charter ES:
To participate on a Walking Wednesday, simply select the route that is most convenient for you. If you do not live on one of our routes, you can still participate by joining us at the drop-off point at each routes origin. Click the link below to view the map for each route:
On our designated Walking Wednesdays, we will follow a strict schedule to ensure our students arrive to school safely and on time.
7:00 – 7:05 AM Walkers meet at the drop-off point of their route
7:05 – 7:10 AM Walker check-in and orientation
7:10 AM SHARP! Walking School Bus begins walk to school
7:35 AM Students arrive at Kingsley
In an effort to make this program as safe and enjoyable as possible, we have prepared a walkers guide for your reference. Please print the guide below, and be sure you and your student are completely familiar with all its terms and conditions before participating in a Walking Wednesday event.
Kingsley Walkers Guide for the "Walking School Bus"