Monday, September 16, 2013

MARTA's 2013 Annual Report to the State Legislature - MARTOC Committee

Annual Report to Georgia Legislature - dated Aug 31, 2013

I was sent the following document by someone at MARTA, so someone wants it spread far and wide and I am happy to oblige.    The annual financial report of MARTA is required to be sent to the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Overview Committee of the State Legislature, chaired by Rep Mike Jacobs.

MARTA’s GM/CEO, Mr. Keith Parker is receiving high marks from both the media and I believe the State Legislature for recent changes and as a daily rider for over 15 years on the MARTA the system, I readily admit that it serves me quite well.    I like the latest Ride with Respect push but remember that respect is a two way street and that it needs to be earned by the system everyday with quality consistent service and that would include new amenities that may expected by business travelers.

Mr. Keith Parker, for system safety & security as well as to draw business travelers back into the transit fold; I recommend that you work to obtain phone & internet services underground and in the tunnels.  Washington D.C. has had this availability for years and Chicago has just gone out to bid; so please keep MARTA moving forward.

Thanks & please keep up the good work Mr. Parker.

No comments: