The Dunwoody Convention and Visitors Bureau seeks to hire a Part-Time Communications Coordinator. We are looking for someone who wants to join ranks in a high-energy, emerging destination marketing organization for a fast-growing city and sub-market located just above Atlanta. The ideal candidate will be creative in thinking, talented with words, filled with expression, and ready to crank out content that is above and beyond the rest of the Web.
- Assist the Marketing Director to effectively execute the annual Marketing Plan.
- Compose, edit and keep current all CVBD website page content while maintaining a tone that reinforces the brand positioning of Dunwoody.
- Research and write narrative copy, articles, monthly e-newsletter content, blog content and other editorial features that showcase the unique aspects of Dunwoody.
- Oversee writing, editing and proofing of all CVBD print materials and marketing collateral and coordinates approval and signoff of all materials prior to print and publication.
- Assist the Office Administrator with editing and writing venue listings and descriptions for Dunwoody accommodations, restaurants, retailers, attractions and events on the CVBD website.
- Manage the monthly content calendar to be used across all marketing platforms.
- Maintain the CVBD library of images, online publicity coverage archives, online press release page, partnership websites (Explore Georgia, Trip Advisor), and other tools required by the CVBD staff.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects, marketing and general support to the Marketing Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, hospitality & tourism or related field of study.
- A minimum of two years of writing experience or online publishing is desired (preferably with some Web and travel writing experience).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Internet browsing software, familiarity with blogs and RSS platforms as well as accessing and editing profiles on social network websites.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a specific voice and style.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail with demanding deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
This position is part-time and is not eligible for medical insurance or other benefits. The schedule will be set at 20 hours per week Monday – Friday. This position will begin February 1, 2016.
Send resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to KatieB@CVBDunwoody.com.