Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dunwoody Crime Stats on CrimeReports.com

I was reading the Discussion Board on the City of Dunwoody website when I noticed that someone pointed out that the Dunwoody crime stats are now listed on the CrimeReports.com website. I haven't had the chance to discuss this matter with Chief Grogan but the stats look official to me except that I couldn't find the reported kidnapping. This may just be a test run of the service which may not be the final tool selected but it does show that someone at the police department is working on the issue.

The Crime Report tool maps each reported incident for a specified time period as well as graphs the totals. Below are the overall stats for the April 1 - 15 time period.

Number of Crimes by Type.

Percentage of Crime by Type.

No comments: