Saturday, April 11, 2009

I made a promise for Dunwoody Crime Stats & Maps and we will deliver.

Where are the Crime Stats?

The Dunwoody Police Department is up and running and a records management system will be selected very soon and once that happens the City will be looking for the best solution to post city crime information online. I have heard a complaint (just one) that we (the City) have not made this a priority as we moved away from the DeKalb County Police but I wanted to reassure you that it is most definitely a priority that I and other members of the Council feel very strongly about.

The reason I bring this up is because the AJC has a nice article on crime statistics that I thought was worth reading and I just wanted to reassure the the Dunwoody citizens that we will be bringing forward an electronic, no cost solution to publicize general crime statistics.

AJC - Obtaining crime information can be a challenge

No comments: