Saturday, December 12, 2009

While I was away ...

I'm happy to be back home after a week long business trip.  First the important thing, the Heneghan Boys are all having birthdays with Gavin who just turned eight, Declan turning four today & Riley turning ten tomorrow.  Look out Chuck E. Cheese, here we come.  (For those of you who can count backward, yes St. Patrick's Day is my wife's favorite holiday.)

Has anyone noticed the radar equipped speed limit signs near Dunwoody schools?  Well let me fill you in on a little secret, they are currently recording the "normal pre-sign" data and they will be lit up in coming weeks when the data collection is over.

If you are looking for something to do on a rainy Saturday, check out the Holiday Artists Market at the Spruill Gallery. Jewelry Trunk Show from 11 - 2 pm at 4681 Ashford Dunwoody Rd.

The Georgia House of Representatives has been in a bit of turmoil this week but our representative, Mr. Fran Miller appears to stepping up to show the Republican Caucus what leadership means.  First he set a legislative agenda for his party and then he threw his hat into the ring for Speaker Pro Tem

Dunwoody ethics rules state that whenever four or more City Council members meet to discuss city business it has to be considered an official, advertised meeting of the council.  Monday morning at 10 am is an example one such event since we were all invited to hear a presentation regarding document management software that could push everything to the web.  I'm interested in hearing the proposal for this transparency software and I guess at least three other council members will be attending as well.

This caught my eye and I thought I would share, the DeKalb County School Superintendent claims to be under paid at $229,000.00

1 comment:

Bob Lundsten said...

John, how was the "special meeting" at 10 advertised?
Was it in the Crier or the AJC?
Can you get me the link to the ads?
Thanks
Bob