The week of May 15th-21st, 2011 is National Police Week across our nation. To celebrate this occasion, the Dunwoody Police Department is holding a photo contest in our continuous effort to connect with the community.
Many of you have already had the opportunity to meet some of our officers and have gotten to know them through their assistance in response to a call, or while attending a community event, or even while they were driving through your neighborhood.
This photo contest gives our citizens, especially those who haven’t yet met one of our officers, an opportunity to get acquainted in a non-official capacity. From May 15th-21st, 2011, we are encouraging members of the community to take a photo with one of our DPD officers if you happen to see one. We ask that you send this photo to us during National Police Week.
You can share the photo in one of three ways:
- Email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload it to Twitter and include @dunwoodypolice in your tweet so we get it.
- Post it on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com\dunwoodypolice
Here are a few guidelines:
- While approaching the officer, introduce yourself and let him know how you heard about the photo contest.
- If the officer is on a call for service (i.e. accident/traffic stop) please do not disturb the officer.
- If the officer is busy when you approach him, he will let you know. Please do not be offended.
- There may be some officers who do not wish to have their photo taken for a variety of reasons. Please respect their wishes and do not be offended.
The chosen winner will be notified by the same means in which we received the photo.
We hope this contest will be a fun way for citizens to get to know Dunwoody Police Officers and for them to get to know you. Together, we can make a difference in our community.