Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dunwoody Mayor Ken Wright's note to Council about not running for reelection.


As you may have already read elsewhere, Mayor Ken Wright has decided not to run for reelection in November.  I was aware this decision was forthcoming, none the less, I loathed reading the short message Ken sent to council on Monday night making it official.
Fearless Council,

I've decided to retire from this chapter of my life after this term. It's been a great run and I appreciate all of your diligence, hard work and camaraderie during these past years. I look forward in continuing to work with each of you these final months for the greater good of Dunwoody.

Dunwoody Yours,

Ken Wright
Mayor
City of Dunwoody
Thank you Ken for admirably stepping up in serving the Dunwoody community as our first Mayor, a difficult task that you took head on by partnering with Council and the Community in order to set the groundwork of an effective administration. Kudo's my good man, job well done and it has been my distinct privilege in serving along your side.   John

No comments: