Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friends of Brookhaven kicks off Police Car AED Drive


"Last night I had the privilege of attending the kick off of the Brookhaven AED Project.  What started with a conversation with the City Manager of Brookhaven ( Marie Garrett) about The Heart of Dunwoody quickly evolved into a full blown Brookhaven campaign to place AEDs in all of their new police cars and City Hall.

The Friends of Brookhaven is a non profit group that was formed to help the new City of Brookhaven with community projects.  When I had mention to Marie what we as a community had done to provide AEDs to our police department she just lit up.

Last night was the kick off to the campaign.  I was honored to be invited  to attend and was asked to speak.  As is my normal pattern, getting me to limit my talk was a challenge, but it led to a real challenge.  I challenged the citizens of Brookhaven to raise the required funds faster then we did here.  The great news for Brookhaven is the City has offered to match all funds raised for AEDs.

December 17th is their goal deadline.  64 AEDs to serve their new city.

We in Dunwoody know that incalculable benefits of having the AEDs.  We have saved lives in Dunwoody because we have them.  There is no better ROI.

So here is my challenge to all the citizens of Brookhaven and Dunwoody, lets beat the deadline and have the AEDs delivered and ready in Brookhaven by December 17th.

Follow the link below to access The Friends of Brookhaven web page.  Click on it and donate.  We will all be safer for your efforts and contributions."

No comments: