Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lessons Learned in Dunwoody by dealing with Mother Nature, Independent Schools, DeKalb Community Engagement Meeting and Public Access to AED's.

Last Monday night we had a Dunwoody City Council meeting, afterwards I processed and posted the video to YouTube, got a few winks and was at Hartsfield Jackson a few hours later for a 7 a.m. flight to Florida. I missed what was a traumatic event for the entire Atlanta metro region and though I was following the actions of the city via email and social media, there was little I could do except re-tweet a few things and cross post items on Facebook as I was busy taking care of my full time responsibilities. My family was in good shape but seeing every email and news story from Dunwoody made me ache to be back within the City limits assisting in anything that I could have done, no matter how small.

Chief Grogan has written a nice recap of what the Dunwoody Police Department went through and I believe the Mayor will have a letter in today's Crier explaining even further what was done and what the city could do to improve the situation next time.

Please know that city will be reviewing the events of last week to see what we could have been done better, what equipment should have been available, what policies and procedures need to be tightened or implemented for the next emergency.  All being said, I am thankful that no life was lost and am proud of all the efforts of the City of Dunwoody employees and the community as a whole in helping to get past the hardships encountered.

Independent School District Hearing Today

DeKalb Schools Community Engagement Session (Dunwoody HS)  Tonight @ 6:30 P.M.

Farmer Bob discusses Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) Program 

Planning Commission to hear home day care request for Coldstream Drive on Feb 11th.

The twitterverse told me that the Dunwoody Fine Art Association was showing an exhibition at the MJCC that was centered around all things Dunwoody.



No comments: