Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dunwoody Police will start using the social media site Nextdoor - register today.

https://nextdoor.com/invite/xhtjbkxffxgyyqudsgkp


At a conference I attended last week I heard several good stories of the social media site Nextdoor and now the Dunwoody Police Department has announced that they will start using it too.  The registration process forces you to register your home address and then they verify that you actually live at that address and make you a trusted member of the community. 

I am guessing the Dunwoody PD will be using it for pin point informational pushes whereby if there is something specific happening is a specific area they can notify the affected community homeowners without putting it out on other social media sites for all to see.

As you can see the borders of the community that I am registered in, creep just outside the official City of Dunwoody borders but I am guessing those might change.

So far I like what I see of the service and recommend that you check it out for yourself.

Thanks,   John

No comments: