Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dog Bite victim needs to find Dog & Owner


On Saturday, around 1:30 in the afternoon, my son Erik was bitten on the leg by a dog in front of Peachtree Middle School. He and two of his friends were skateboarding; as they passed the dog (which was on a leash being walked by it's owners), it bit Erik on his upper thigh through his blue jeans. According to Erik & friends the dog was a yellow lab and the couple were "middle aged" wearing sunglasses and the woman was wearing a sports bra. They both have dark colored hair. These details were given by 14 year old boys so I don't really know what middle aged means to them.

I need to find the owners ASAP and make sure there is nothing wrong with the dog or our pediatrician wants Erik to have rabies shots. Since the dog is a pet, I'm sure the dog is healthy but I also understand the fact our pediatrician doesn't want to take any chances.

There is a 10 day window so I'm hoping the owners will come forward to avoid those unnecessary shots for Erik.

A number of friends and my husband included are afraid the owners will not identify themselves because they fear a lawsuit. PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW WE WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

With great appreciation,

Lisa Johanson
770-939-3165 (HOME)
678-516-5960 (CELL)

No comments: