Friday, July 26, 2019

DeKalb County School System provides documents on the scope of some open work orders on Dunwoody Schools.

http://jkheneghan.com/city/meetings/2019/Jul/07262019_OpenRecords_DeKalb_WorkOrders.pdf

On Monday I submitted an Open Records Request on a small handful of open work orders within the Dunwoody cluster where the work was identified as Electrical, Fire Safety or deemed by their own staff as Hazardous.  This evening I was provided an overview of the records and requested to pay $310.50 for the remainder of the documents which I will happily do.  The preliminary documentation returned by DeKalb including the documents I provided in my request totals 112 page which I am providing to you today.  Seeing that it will take the school system another 6 days to pull the rest of the documents, I am guessing their final return will be quite extensive and I will post those as well when I receive them.

Looking quickly at the information I'm not sure it is all there as it looks like the Bad Odors work item may be missing?  There may be others?  I had also requested that this information be forwarded to the school principals but it was sent to only me.  I also copied the DeKalb Fire Marshal in my initial request and I am interested in knowing their inspections of these repairs especially.

Comparing my abbreviated list to the full gamut of open work orders, I now wish I requested more documentation on the HVAC issues to see how long they have been going on and when they are scheduled to be repaired.

It's late and I haven't reviewed every detail of the documents I am attaching but I wanted to share these documents ASAP as school starts soon and hopefully these work orders are knocked out before the first day of school.   I will be paying DeKalb for the rest of the documents and maybe expanding my request for the HVAC repairs as no child nor teacher should be forced to work in the August heat.  Thanks,  John

No comments: