Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Plan your Transit/Bicycle/Walking Trips Online - Citizens for Progressive Transit

Citizens for Progressive Transit is unveiling its latest project, an online trip itinerary planner for the Atlanta region, focusing on transit, bicycle, and walking trips: http://trip.atltransit.com

Since I live only 2.5 miles from Perimeter Mall (as the crow flies) with no direct Marta route I figured I would give it a try. I was impressed with the results though it only highlighted the fact that there is no easy bike or walking path to the location. Maybe someday besides double decking or widening the top end of I-285 transportation planners might think about including walking & bike lanes in the planning process.

Public Transit & Walking

Biking & Walking routes

Bikers may also enjoy this tool in order to plan routes since it also provides the complete topography of the route plotted.

No comments: