Saturday, March 9, 2013

Prospective Dunwoody Eagle Scout Blake Tiede of Troop 434 is fundraising for Dunwoody High School Track Team

Dear Dunwoody Community,

I am currently in the process of starting my Eagle Scout project.

Eagle Scout is one of the highest ranks that can be attained in Boy Scouts. As a Scout with Troop 434, chartered by All Saints Catholic Church, my Eagle Scout Project will be building a new 8x12 track storage shed for Dunwoody High School. There is a great need for this project.

Currently, the track and cross country teams have to share a small allotment of space for their equipment, (tents, hurdles, timing devices, ice baths, etc.) in the Football storage shed. Several remote locations throughout the school are also used to store equipment.  My project would allow the track and cross country equipment to be consolidated in one convenient location adjacent to the track.

This project has been approved by the DHS principal and the Boy Scouts of America. I am working with Mr. Sam Portis of Portis Building and Interiors who will help design and mentor the building of the shed. The final challenge I am now facing prior to
building the shed is funding.

The projected materials cost of the shed is $2,000. Achieving the rank of Eagle Scout means a lot to me and the project will greatly benefit the track and field, and cross country programs at DHS.

Your contribution, in any amount, would be very meaningful and greatly appreciated. Donations made in the form of a check should be made out to “The Wildcat Fund.” Donations are tax deductible. Checks made out to “The Wildcat Fund” can be mailed to:

Blake Tiede
1126 Saint Andrews Circle
Dunwoody, Ga. 30338

If you prefer to donate online please visit www.dunwoodyhighalumni.org/donate.html

Thank you for considering donating to my Eagle Scout Project. I am planning to have all funding secured by March 30th. If you have any questions or comments about my Eagle Project, please feel free to contact me at 770-391-9775 or email me at BATiede@gmail.com I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about my project. Your contribution is valued.

Sincerely,

Blake Tiede












No comments: