Friday, March 8, 2019

Dick Williams retiring from ‘The Georgia Gang’ on Fox 5 after nearly 40 years


Dick Williams, Editor of "The Dunwoody Crier", past executive editor of the AJC, longtime columnist with the Atlanta Business Chronicle, author of a book on a possible future Presidential candidate, longtime high school basketball referee, Grand Marshal of the Dunwoody 4th of July Parade, former first-husband of the City of Brookhaven, father to two wonderful girls, and longtime TV Personality / Moderator of the Georgia Gang on Fox 5 will be filming his final appearance on the Georgia Gang today because of unspecified health issues.

Dick Williams has left an indelible mark on Atlanta Journalism & Politics over the last 40 years.  As a political junkie, I never miss a showing but I use to watch the Georgia Gang on Sunday morning with a phone in my hand watching the live Twitter feed initiated by early social media mavens and websites like Peach Pundit.  Now with no one watching anything in real time, the live Twitter feed has died out but I am guessing that I will be watching this Sunday's show live for old times sake.

Everything comes to an end or changes and I hope that Dick is walking away from the endless hours of Thursday evening prep time and Friday filming to focus on his health.  He and Rebeccca have served this community and their home of Brookhaven well and I wish them much happiness in what looks to be a slowing down and a semi-retirement for Dick.

On the Georgia Gang, one of the highlights of the show is the list of Winners and Losers for the week presented by each panel member as the show is wrapping up.  Dick Williams, let me be the first to say that you will be listed as a winner.   Thank you.

1 comment:

Joseph Geierman said...

It's the end of an era! I usually didn't agree with Dick, but I'll miss seeing him on Sundays.