Sunday, November 3, 2019

What's Up Dunwoody - Write in challenge against my bride Kristin Heneghan. Vote for her - not me.


I have had the distinct honor of serving on the Dunwoody City Council for the last eleven years and have put my name into the hat to do so for another four but I can attest that it wasn't done on a whim.  Serving on the City Council is truly a family affair and it wouldn't have happened without the full support of my beautiful wife, Kristin.   I am truely blessed to have her love and support.

Justin over on the "What's Up Dunwoody" empire, heard about me posting the write results for my elections when I have run unopposed and therefore publicized that he wrote himself in for my office in order to see his name show up in an official government document (other than those numerous birth certificates for his many children).  Later in the day, a neighbor gave a quick endorsement of who he was going to vote for (Lynn, Stacey, and Heyward) and then added that he was not voting for me but instead voting for a better candidate, my wife, Kristin.

Justin, being the jealous type, took a that comment personally and has now challenged my wife (whom he has never really met) to a write-in challenge, and I'm not sure Justin knew who he was dealing with?


If you don't know my wife Kristin let me explain that she is the most vivacious & effervescent woman in town. If do you know my bride, you know that I am merely a wallflower which fades into the background of her existence.  Kristin was a United Airlines Flight Attendant and aerobics instructor before I moved her from Chicago.  Upon arriving to Dunwoody and having children, she threw herself in supervising neighborhood playgroups, expanded into the community MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) program, assisted with the Dunwoody North Babysitting co-op, started the All Saint's Parents Night Out and then started volunteering with the Dunwoody Homeowners Association where she supervised events like Light Up Dunwoody.  As my three boys became older, she was room-mom, volunteered at schools then went on to become team-mom for most of the sports teams my kids played on.  At the Dunwoody North Driving Club, Kristin was the social director organizing every party and social event for 10 years, whereby my job was just putting away the chairs at the end of the evening.  Kristin goes out of her way to welcome new neighbors, to help friends in need, care for children, deliver home-cooked meals, or for close friends she even puts a balloon on your mailbox if it is your birthday.

Trust me, I am the introverted wallflower, and Kristin is the dynamic social butterfly who knows everyone's name and makes friends immediately upon meeting people for the first time.  I honestly believe most people elected me to the Dunwoody City Council only because I am related to her.

In this election, the Heneghan's are voting for Lynn Deutsch, Stacey Harris and Heyward Wescott to lead the City of Dunwoody forward.


But for the giggles of it, when it comes to the District 3 seat in Dunwoody, please don't vote for me on Tuesday - vote for Kristin.   Oh, and vote No on the Ethics item.   Thanks

1 comment:

Dan Martin said...

So I voted before I read your piece here, so I apologize for voting for you John. But I am happy to see we are in agreement about the rest of the ballot!