Saturday, February 26, 2022

Volunteers needed saturday morning to assist with childhood cancer prevention project, Dunwoody Village will be Rocking Saturday Night and Sunday is the Annual DHA Meeting

There are many worthwhile charitable causes in which to support and childhood cancer research is one that is close to my heart. My friends and Dunwoody residents Donal & Karen Flemming are the main facilitators of St. Baldrick's in Atlanta having hosted numerous events, including the St. Baldrick's Float in the St. Patrick's Day Parade every year. Today, Saturday morning the Flemming's could use your assistance with rolling t-shirts to be thrown from the float during the parade. I will be at All Saints Catholic Church, gym in the lower parking lot to assist and maybe I will see you there for a short shift between 8 and 1 pm.

Volunteer opportunity this morning -  St Baldrick’s T-shirt repacking.

As some of my long time blog readers may remember I have shaved my head for St. Baldrick's a number of times, each time with one of my boys and lately my youngest who is now 16 is asking to join me to shave my head once again because he too wants to participate.

I hate fundraising and my bride might not like the idea (I think she used the words Uncle Fester as a term of endearment?), but it might happen again. Until then I help with t-shirts.

Below is documentation of a prior shave if you wanted proof & FYI that little boy sitting next to me is now 6 foot 4, 22 years old and is about to graduate from college.

Bald is beautiful on St. Baldrick's day


Dunwoody Village will be Rocking Saturday Night as the Dunwoody Tavern celebrates 25 years

Starting at 8 pm there will be a live band (Family Truckster from Dunwoody) playing, a few funds will be collected for Camp Twin Lakes and neighbors will be talking to neighbors they haven't seen in several years. Come join us.


The Dunwoody Homeowners Association is holding its annual meeting at 2pm, Sunday, February 27.  The meeting will take place at the City of Dunwoody annex at 4470 N. Shallowford Rd.   Maybe I'll see you there and I think it will also be available streamed on Facebook too.

Part of the DHA meeting will be a review of the proposed expansion of the Spruill Center Art Building to add more class rooms and art classes to the community.  Here is the request from Spruill to the City Council which includes the full plans of the expansion.


On Monday the Dunwoody City Council will be finalizing a construction contract for the new park on Perimeter Center East located within close walking distance of 1,000's of apartments that have been undeserved of close recreational amenities.  The new park will have a playground, open green space, the city's first splash pad and a walking trail through the woods.  I will post the full plans tomorrow when I post the full Monday night Council agenda.

1 comment:

John Heneghan said...

Such a wonderful day, I hope yours was as enjoyable as mine. Early morning spinning class with my oldest at Cyclebar, followed by working the St. Balrick's t-shirt event with my youngest, outside activities with my bride, a little yard work followed by a fantastic evening at the Dunwoody Tavern seeing numerous friends and neighbors.

Kudos to the Marist community to showed up en-mass this morning to assist with the t-shirts, such great kids - I really enjoyed my interactions with them.

Group Photo of all the helpers