Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Being a cheap, yet fun Dad around Atlanta.


Every Saturday morning for the last nine years, my Wife disappears to do her thing and it is my day to attempt to parent three boys of various ages solo and thoroughly experience the enjoys of Fatherhood. Now that the youngest is coming of age (No Diapers - Few Naps), I can again set off with kids in tow to explore the city and the many events it has to offer.

Depending on the weather, I may throw them in the car and head out to a park or the library, but if I am looking for something a little different I jump online to the Atlanta Parent, Family event calendar to find a festival or children's play they may enjoy.

Sometimes I see some amazing places highlighted on various Atlanta based blogs, my current favorite is "Field Trips with Sue" which recently featured two local indoor water parks, a Science Museum I had never heard of and a tip regarding two hours of advanced video games at ESPN for only $1.00

Other Atlanta Cheap Dad blogs I peruse are Being Savvy in Atlanta, Atlanta on the Cheap and Atlanta Performs.

Are there any other good online locations that I need to bookmark for Saturday morning suggestions? Please comment, as I am sure my kids and my wallet will thank you very much. John

2 comments:

Sue Rodman said...

Hey John, Thanks so much for the link. We've got some great posts coming up that would be perfect for your Saturday mornings with the kids. I'm curious how you heard about the blog.

Sue

John Heneghan said...

I don't know where I found you but I visited the Gwinnett water park on Saturday and all three boys ages 9, 7 & 3 hada ball. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.