Monday, October 1, 2007

North Precinct meets with Dunwoody North to discuss staffing

In 2005, DeKalb Police reported having 966 officers.

On Tuesday September 18th, I posted questions I had regarding changes made to the police precincts especially as it related to the quality of services for the Dunwoody area. In the posting, I stated that I would follow up with the police department for clarification. On Friday, I met with Major Gilstrap of the North Precinct for an hour and a half who clarified the press release maps which I thought showed the Dunwoody Area going from six patrols down to three.

The reality is that there are only three patrols normally assigned to Dunwoody and the other patrol assignments shown on the old map were just radio log in numbers for those times when a second officer is actually assigned to the area. I have copied all of the e-mail correspondence between the Dunwoody North Civic Association & the DeKalb Police Department into the comments of the original post.

http://dunwoodynorth.blogspot.com/2007/09/did-dekalb-police-just-cut-dunwoodys.html

Much of our time was spent discussing the manpower challenges & Chief Bolton’s “Road to Success Action Plan”. I have attached a copy of the full 57 page document on line.

http://www.dunwoodynorth.org/images/Road_to_Success_Action_Plan.pdf

No comments: