Saturday, August 9, 2008

The games you people play are just amazing!

This is my reply to the DCSS who refuses to inform the community on the status of the new school. You would think they would be bending over backwards to brag about the new school being built in our community but instead they are attempting to hide behind the technicalities of the open records law. Please read from the bottom, up.

We deserve better!


From: John Heneghan [mailto:John@JKHeneghan.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 11:27 AM
To: 'dale_a_davis@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us'; 'CRAWFORD LEWIS'

Subject: The games you people play are just amazing!

Dear Mr. Davis,

The games you people play are just amazing! The electronic copies do exist and I have proven the fact that the DCSS has provided them to people (even in draft form) in the past, yet you do not want to provide them to me because you know that I will forward them to my community for wide dissemination and review. Hypocrisy at its finest! Instead you want me to pay $50.00 probably for each drawing, and then pay an additional sum of money to have the large scale drawings rescanned and put into an electronic format so that I can then post them to the internet. Such a deal you are offering me?

The DeKalb County School System cannot work inside a bubble, it needs to be open and transparent as to how it is spending our tax money and at least attempt to partner with the parents of the children that you are trying to educate. Unfortunately in this situation, I believe you are failing miserably.

Attached is the previous drawing that was provided by the school system, that you say does not exist.

If I do not hear back from either you or Dr. Lewis regarding the availability of the electronic drawings I requested, I will be calling Ms. Moody to schedule a pickup time for my nine drawings. Please check with the architect on Monday, I'm sure they could provide them to you if you asked.

If I am forced to obtain the paper drawings, I may also need to start a fund raising campaign at all of the Dunwoody Cluster Elementary Schools to fund this open records request. I hope it doesn't get to that.

Thanks,

John Heneghan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Davis [mailto:dale_a_davis@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 8:28 AM
To: John Heneghan
Cc: Julie Rhame; PAT POPE; CRAWFORD LEWIS
Subject: Re: 3rd Request for Open Records - DCSS New Dunwoody School & Womack Rd

Mr. Heneghan,

I apologize for not responding sooner. The electronic drawings do not exist at this time. We previously communicated that hard-copies are available. The cost to reproduce the drawings is $50.00 dollars. Please contact the office of Design and Construction and submit your request for the hard-copies.

Contact Ms. Moody at 678-676-1331.

Thanks,

Dale A Davis
DeKalb County Schools System
Asst. Director Media/Public Relations
3770 N. Decatur Road
Decatur, Georgia 30032
(678) 676-0786 office
(678) 676-0785 fax
dale_a_davis@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us

No comments: