Saturday, March 7, 2015

Senior Connections offers numerous services to our Dunwoody community and it is a great place to volunteer too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHpA0uJjNQg

My son Riley & I had a great time this morning assisting the Senior Connections, Meals on Wheels Program as we loaded hundreds of meals into the drivers vehicles and then we even delivered a few meals ourselves.  

I enjoyed discussing with Mr. Grant Yarbrough about the various services provided by Senior Connections as I worked beside him loading vehicles.  In passing he asked, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like that City Councilman in Dunwoody who blogs, I think his name is Heneghan?"  I laughed out loud, handed him my drivers license (so I could legally deliver meals) and said that my wife has mentioned that from time to time.   From there Grant and I became pretty good friends so I whipped out the cell phone to allow Grant to personally tell you the story of Senior Connections.

Senior Connections, Inc.
5238 Peachtree Road
Chamblee, GA 30341-2718
Phone: 770.455.7602

  • Home Delivered Meals - Individual
  • Senior Centers
  • Meals - Institutions/Government
  • Nutrition & Counseling
  • In-home Care
  • Connections Catering
  • Home Repair
  • Seniors Raising Minors Program
The one thing that Grant forgot to say was that financial donations are always needed and they would appreciate the Dunwoody community Liking them on Facebook as there are numerous fundraising events posted there, for example on March 23rd the Farmburger in Dunwoody is sponsoring them with a percentage of the receipts.

No comments: