Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Coffee & Conversation with Dunwoody Clergy - Monday Jan 13th, 9 am at Crema Espresso Gourmet


Coffee with Clergy

Monday, 01-13-2020
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM

Location:
Crema Espresso Gourmet
2458 Mt. Vernon Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338
 
Start your day with an informal gathering of interfaith leaders to have thought-provoking conversations and gain a better understanding of the rich diversity within religious practices! Join the conversation Mon, Jan 13 for a lively chat between a rabbi, a priest, a pastor, and two reverends. Free to attend, food and drinks available for purchase. Please contact Rabbi Brian Glusman at 678-812-4161 or rabbi.glusman@atlantajcc.org with any questions.

The following faith leaders will be on-hand for casual dialogue:

Reverend Josh Amerson
Dunwoody United Methodist Church

Rabbi Brian Glusman
Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta

Pastor Jeff Janson
Dunwoody Community Church

Reverend Msgr. Hugh M. Marren
All Saint Catholic Church

Reverend Trent McEntyre
Dunwoody Presbyterian Church



FYI, I am looking forward to attending this event.  As a cradle Catholic, I am well grounded in my faith & heritage but that being said I am always looking to stretch the awareness of my own understanding of God by church shopping for a better Catholic experience, a different perspective to take me out of echo chambers of our everyday routine. I enjoy exploring other faiths and traditions and have bowed my head, knelt and prayed with many; no matter their faith. Religion is a just lens we use to see God and no matter what lens you are using, in the end, they all bring us closer to our higher power, creator or savior. 

I believe many of us are searching for clarity of that higher power in order to put aside the conflicts of our polarized society, to work for love and understanding of our fellow man, by looking beyond ourselves we can see what can be, as it is always so much more than what currently is.

I am going to work hard to juggle my work schedule to attend this conversation, maybe I will see you there?  John

1 comment:

GaryRayBetz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.