Saturday, January 25, 2020

I-285 Top-End Express Lanes raises more questions on local access from PIB and other traffic concerns on local Dunwoody roads.

Last week I posted a GDOT video of what the I-285 express lane system might look like moving through Dunwoody.  There was also a set of drawings of the possible property acquisitions as well as various lane and access configurations that might be implemented.  Looking at those drawings, I raised a few concerns and residents pointed out in the comments other traffic flow issues.   I have taken the liberty to break apart the very large drawing into just three separate segments of the Dunwoody project.

Please spend some time looking at these drawings thinking about traffic flow, traffic impacts and access as these issues need to be raised and corrected if this project is to move forward.

The GDOT information meeting scheduled for Dunwoody is taking place on January 28th at St. Lukes Presbyterian Church, from 2 to 4 pm and again that same evening from 4:30 to 7:30 pm.

http://www.jkheneghan.com/city/meetings/2020/Jan/AshfordDunwoody%20I-285_Topend_Concept_Layout.pdf
Link - 400 to Ashford Dunwoody

http://www.jkheneghan.com/city/meetings/2020/Jan/ChambleeDunwoody%20NPeachtree%20Dunwoody%20I-285_Topend_Concept_Layout.pdf
Link - Chamblee Dunwoody to North Peachtree

http://www.jkheneghan.com/city/meetings/2020/Jan/Peachtree%20Industrial%20Flowers%20Dunwoody%20I-285_Topend_Concept_Layout.pdf
Link - PIB to Flowers

2 comments:

GaryRayBetz said...

I believe "All politics is local." is how the strictly American aphorism by machine politico Tip O'Neill goes. So you Dunwoody Republicans who sold your souls to elect an anti-environmental bigoted misogynistic Donald Trump in exchange for sinfully exorbitant tax cuts, are going to wake up soon with a toll road in y'alls backyard. In my world there might not be a god, but there's certainly karma, and dancing...

"The Trump administration is proposing changes to the National Environmental Policy Act process that would speed up or limit the review of major, federally funded projects such as highways and pipelines"

Jay said...

For cars heading south on PIB, I'm unable to figure out exactly where they access these lanes And what are 'express' lanes? are these toll lanes?

I do see entry points to westbound toll lanes on cotillion under the GA Power building. I presume this plan will greatly increase traffic on N. Shallowford. It's strange to me that you can't get on or off these lanes at Chamblee Dunwoody.