Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Custom Cakes & Cookies by Dunwoody's own - Pastry Shells

I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting Shelly several times in the last year, be it the Dunwoody Farmers Market (opens this Saturday) where she usually has a booth or most recently at Lemonade Days where I was once again able to sample her hand decorated cookies. Shelly has given up the corporate world to follow her passion to bake cookies and cakes in Dunwoody and based on her many accolades (and photos on Instagram) it looks like she is quite successful, therefore I wanted to share her story. John
Hey!  I’m Shelly, a true Atlantian (born and raised inside the perimeter) now living in Dunwoody, hot chocolate drinker, animal lover, obsessed with all things pink, oh, also I’m an engineer.  I graduated from college with an engineering degree, however, I felt as if something was missing… my true passion has always been for baking, so I started Pastry Shells!

Baking was always a part of my life growing up baking pies with my Dad and helping bake biscuits with my Mom, and it brought me so much joy!  It was a simple choice to take something I loved and turn it into a business.  I spent seven years baking wedding cakes and cookies after I got home from my day job.  Finally, in 2017, I quit!  Now I get to work on my passion every day and I love every second!

Oh, and I would love to be a part of your next event!

     Contact Pastry Shells today! 

No comments: