Thursday, September 11, 2008

Non-Partisan Election in Dunwoody, huh?

Political party consultants obtain lists of registered voters and they track when you vote and how you vote in primaries. Besides your voting record the data includes your name, address and phone numbers and that is the reason that you receive targeted advertising and robo calls from specific candidates. The Dunwoody election is non-partisan and as a high ranking Federal Employee who will serve the next President of the United States, no matter what his party affiliation, I am only allowed to run as long as I do not bring partisan politics into play.

My opponent knows this, but she is grasping at straws because she has little other substance and she is now bringing this into play as the e-mail from a staunch Republican below shows. Unfortunately for her, the Dunwoody electorate is smart enough to research the issues, take my circumstances into consideration and vote for the more qualified candidate.

It is really sad that it has come to this.

Hey John,

I just got a call from some republican group representative (sorry, I did not catch the name of the group) calling to let me know that Mary Jo Chambless is the only republican running for the at-large position from district 3! I told her I thought this was a non-partisan election. She agreed that it is. So I asked the relevance of Mary Jo’s party affiliation if the election is truly non-partisan. Her reply was “it is just part of the background”. Really? It was the ONLY thing she called to tell me which makes it part of nothing but an attempt to bring party affiliation into this election. Surely there is enough partisan politics in the daily news right now to keep anyone’s appetite for such stuff satiated. Let’s keep it out of Dunwoody – at least for this election. Geez!

No comments: