Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heneghan’s Dunwoody Blog

When I have the ability to make a difference, I have a responsibility to do so.

Transparency in Government breeds self-corrective behavior.

My little neighborhood blog started as a place to announce garage sales and to help find lost cats. Over time it has morphed into a social media tool which I have used to further my agenda of obtaining quality governmental services for the residents in my neighborhood. With the creation of the City of Dunwoody, my little neighborhood blog needs to morph once again away from the Civic Association and be placed solely under my name. I came to this decision for many reasons, some personal & some political but in the end I thought it was the right thing to do, as well as the right time to do it.

I don’t expect many changes in the content of this site and I fully expect to continue being an equal opportunity pain in the ass when necessary. Where in the past I’ve had a tendency to print direct statements from politicians & governmental officials, to shine a light on what they said in order to get my point across; I may want to rethink that political strategy. Now with the City of Dunwoody in front of us, I may need to be a little more congenial, a little more tactful in dealing with my friends and neighbors who will be serving as Mayor and City Council.

Who knows, I may even decide to throw my hat into the ring to be one of those positions?

Welcome to this little corner of cyberspace that I have renamed, Heneghan’s Dunwoody Blog.

1 comment:

Bobbe Gillis said...

And in regards to the redevelopment of Dunwoody Village...
I do hope that the Development Committee will be working with the DCSS to ensure an that our already overcrowded existing schools would not be further burdened by more students that would come into our them from high density family homes. Is it part of theredevelopment budget to build another school or to add on (not learning cottages) to our existing schools to meet this larger student body?

Bobbe Gillis