Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I am narrowing down to my decision, but I know I will not be running for President.



I have been fielding numerous calls and e-mails asking if I am going to be running for elected office in Dunwoody and the answer I have been telling people is yes, I will probably be running at large for the City Council seat in district 3 (Eastern Side).

For the last five years, I have been a community leader, activist and political blogger best known for exposing politicians and governmental bodies’, ineptitude and non-service. This election is now my opportunity to switch sides and prove that these governmental services can be done better, more efficiently and more effectively. As President of the Dunwoody North Civic Association, the largest outside of the DHA, I have proven my ability to lead this community. I listen to my resident’s needs & concerns and follow through to the best of my ability to assist them with their issues. My commitment to the Future City of Dunwoody is unyielding and I am willing to put forth the effort to finish what I started. If elected to a city council seat, it is my belief that I would be able to effect positive change on a city wide scale.

I still have several weeks before the election registration and I need to spend some time away with my family before embarking on this huge endeavor, but I promise that I will be announcing publicly one way or another on this site by August 1st.

If I decide to run, it will be under my terms and done in a way which will be very different than any other political campaign ever run previously.

For those who know me, you wouldn’t expect anything else.