Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Presentation - Hartsfield Jackson flight path changes affects PDK and other small airports.



Thank you John Bachman of WSBTV for making this the lead story of your 11 pm newscast.  The photo above links to the presentation given regarding the airspace changes at Hartsfield.  The plan will straighten the flight paths of planes landing at Peachtree DeKalb and lower the height of the planes arriving into the airport for a longer time.

My Dunwoody North neighborhood will be directly affected by this change as noise and toxic jet fumes that were both dissipated at the higher altitudes will now be drifting directly into our homes. 

I will be contacting Mr. Lee Remmel of PDK to start a series of public meetings on this subject informing the directly affected cities of Dunwoody, Doraville and Chamblee of the consequences of this change; as well as the process to oppose it.   The next public meeting currently published on this subject is March 1st in Chamblee.  Stay Tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you know if any of these changes have already taken place without any meetings with the public? In the past week, I have noticed a huge increase in air traffic noise above my home. It is non-stop...from first thing in the morning to late at night...the planes are flying lower and there seems to be a lot more of them. I live just inside 285 near Chamblee Dunwoody Road. I couldn't sleep last night hearing all the planes. Everything I read though seems to state that nothing official has been decided yet from what I'm hearing, I'd beg to differ. Thank you.