Tuesday, November 1, 2011

When is that Marta bus rolling by? Real time GPS data is now available on the web.


I ride Marta everyday to work but I will admit that I rarely take the bus because the intervals are about 30 minutes apart and by driving my car to the station, I can more effectively manage my own time.  Well Marta has just cut into my excuse for not taking the bus as they now offer, with just a few clicks, the real-time GPS location of a particular bus on a map.

I am very happy that this service is now available and I am guessing that it will be a big hit for those students at Georgia Perimeter College at the Dunwoody Campus who take the 132 bus everyday.

If you ever take Marta, check out the link to the MARTA WebWatch site and/or go directly to the Google Map of the route you would most often take

h/t Thomas Wheatley of Creative Loafing

No comments: